SMA® Compressed Air/Gas Atriums are used for the manual collection of microorganisms in compressed air/gas lines. Air flow calibration and timing must be performed manually using separate instruments. To regulate air flow, install a pressure regulator valve at the point of sample or use our SMA-ROT-SS-60C rotameter.
Features and Benefits
- Are easily connected to sample points with sterile 1/4 inch Hytrel® tubing
- Are constructed of 316L Stainless Steel
- Can be completely sterilized by steam, heat, or ethylene oxide (EO)
- Are used with standard nutrient agar plates (90 or 100 mm) with 18, 25, or 32 mL fill levels, at a flow rate of 1-1.5 CFM
- It is important to match the Atrium top with the correct nutrient agar plate fill level.
- Do not require a vacuum source to operate
- Exhaust air is released from underneath the Atrium without affecting the sample in progress
- Have a compact size that allows them to be located near filling processes where space is limited
- Are available as a complete top and bottom assembly
- The Atrium vents from the bottom eliminating the need for additional exhaust ports or tubing.